Hernandez Mora


Have you suffered damages on your property due to the heavy rains in Murcia? Sadly, due to climate change and other reasons it is an issue more common every year. If your insurance policy includes this cover, you can at least receive a compensation for any damage suffered. We will explain the most important steps in order to obtain such a compensation from your insurance company.

When heavy rains damage your property

damages property

· Inform your insurance company as soon as possible.

· Prove the damage: it is essential to prove the damage with pictures, videos, invoices or any other document. The insurance company will send a surveyor but the more paperwork you submit, the better.

· Heavy rains/weather report: you might need a report to prove the heavy weather, since insurance policies tend to have limits like litres/square meter/hour. Luckily, AEMET can provide it easily, here is the link to request one: http://www.aemet.es/en/sede_electronica.

· Where has the water come from? If the water is coming from above (rain or leak), then your insurance company will pay. But if the water is coming from the street, then it will be the Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros (CCS).

· What is the CCS? According to their own website, “is an instrument that services the Spanish insurance sector. It performs many functions within the insurance field, and amongst which those related to coverage of extraordinary risk, compulsory vehicle insurance, combined agricultural insurance and liquidation of insurance companies stand out.”

· What happens if your insurance company does not want to pay? The first step is to submit a complaint against the company before their customer service department, but if it fails, we can resort to a legal process before the Courts or a complaint before the Dirección General de Seguros,

If you need any help or further advice don’t hesitate to contact us.

This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.